Concern for your health is as flattering as it gets




       What do your panties inspire?
       Not to put you on the spot or anything, but it’s kind of a funny though, so long as the answer is something like “joy,” or “erections” and not “dread” or “infections.”
       It’s hardly surprising that Marilyn Monroe’s underwear would inspire a thing or two. Now her iconic drawers, revealed by the uprush of subway air in one of the most beloved Hollywood images ever, have inspired a line of vintage fashion undergarments by Protec-Style lingerie.
       What is most gratifying about this isn’t the style – it’s the emphasis on the healthful properties of the material. The Huffington Post Reports that Women's Wear Daily reports that The Marilyn panty is made of a polyester microfiber that is antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral. The Protec-Style website says it stays dryer than cotton. (Gotta love their tagline: “The most technologically advanced intimate apparel to ever grace your behind.”)
       That’s a fine start but what really impressed me was a quote from Protec-Style president Linda Lord who said “The woman who wears it must feel flattered by its comfort and durability.”
       This is an entirely new way of thinking about clothing that I’ve never encountered before. “Comfortable” and “flattering” are words that go together as well in my mind as “deep-fried” and “slimming” do and ‘durability’ conjures images of camping gear, not kittenish femininity. I’m used to clothier’s wanting to flatter me with cut or color, not concern for my health, but I’m happy to get used to it – it’s a new approach that feels as good as breathable underwear.       
       Of all the qualities listed, anti-fungal is my hands-down favorite because I live in Florida (state slogan: “It’s Damp!”) where a yeast infection is easier to get than a Key Lime margarita. Kudos to the Marilyn panty for wanting to help us stave off the Seven Day Itch. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Drumpf Scare: Why I Worry About the Drumpf Signs I DON'T See