I can think of weirder....

I was fascinated to read Stylist magazine's list of the 10 Weirdest Beauty Treatments in the world, all of which included the use of some kind of animal or animal product, including snail secretion skin cream, bull semen hair conditioner (tried it years ago for a story, it was okay but one has to wonder about the poor person whose job it is to collect the ingredients) and leeches as a blood detoxifier.




And yes I'll agree that these are a little unusual but it's still kind of funny that "Have a surgeon slit your face open and pull your skin around until you look either five years younger or like a melted candle" was not considered weird enough to be on the list. That is weird.

I know - never say never. If my mom was any indicator of my future  I'll soon have more wrinkles than an Agatha Christie plot and might  longing for the knife one day. For now, though, bring on the snail squeezin's.



(Facial surgery pic swiped from The Guardian UK story on plastic surgery statistics)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Buy my book: Crazy Little Thing: How Love and Sex Drive Us Mad