Crazy bug does crazy good on NatGeo!


Move over, Jiminy Cricket! If conscience comes in bug form I want mine to be...whatever this thing is.

Lucky for me biologist Trond Larsen thought it was pretty spiffy too - he shot a photo of it on an expedition in Suriname and the readers of National Geographic couldn't have been happier. My story Troll Haired Mystery Bug Found in Suriname went crazy-bananans on the web this weekend, with, as of this writing, 1,000 tweets, 48,000 Facebook likes, a reprint in the Huffington Post and a mention by the lovely David Mizejewski on his Animal Planet blog (David gave me a terrific interview for my NG piece "Do Animals Get Dementia?" and is as charming personally as he is on TV. Thanks, David!).

So proud to be on NatGeo and for this tiny bug to have gotten such a big audience.
Just one question: When Pixar makes an animated feature out of it who should be the voice?
(Bonus points if you vote for me.)

Update: 49K. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Drumpf Scare: Why I Worry About the Drumpf Signs I DON'T See