Glow little marine glow worm

If I could shoot out glowing blue mucus when I was annoyed it would take a Kleenex the size of Ireland to clean up the daily
mess.

The parchment tube worm has this super power, one about which I got to interview biologist Dmitri Deheyn who is investigating how the worm produces its peculiar bioluminescence which differs from other marine creatres' in several ways. Check it out on NatGeo: Worm's Mysterious Blue Slime Decoded?

Dr. Deheyn was a pleasure to interview because he had a great sense of humor and while writing the piece I couldn't get The Glow Worm song out of my head, which turns out to be the most pleasant kind of hypnosis to be under. In case you want to be under it too, click the link below. You won't stop humming it for a week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Drumpf Scare: Why I Worry About the Drumpf Signs I DON'T See