Viking "grave goods" - what do we want to take to the hereafter

Whether you believe in a world beyond this one or not the way other people feel about it is certainly intriguing. What is so important to you in this life - besides other people, obviously - that you would want to take it to the beyond?

Some cultures did take other people with them and you can read one  one study of Viking 'grave goods'  says about the possibility that their other-worldly carry-on bags may have included their servants, plus some of the other curious things people have wanted to take with them when they go.

In my last post I wrote about what a joy it turns out to be to talk to scientists and I have to say that definitely goes for the conservation I had with Anders Winroth, the Viking expert from Yale I spoke to about this piece - fascinating stories and thoughts on this most intriguing subject.

Click here to check out the story: Toilets, Headless Bodies and Other Weird Things People Get Buried With on National Geographic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Drumpf Scare: Why I Worry About the Drumpf Signs I DON'T See