Heel Thyself! And Win a T-Shirt!




            Some people think that even the most level-headed woman can't pass a shoe store without turning into Homer Simpson in The Land of Chocolate. Not true. It depends on the shoe store. I don’t have an inner Imelda…unless we’re talking a particular type of footwear. If you can see your reflection in it well enough to apply liquid eyeliner, if it looks as if it was once coiled and hissing, if the heels are either as high and pointy as chopsticks or as  tall and klunky as the box they came in then I will walk over who I have to to get them. The shoes I like aren’t made for walkin’.
            So when I discovered that the prices in the shoe department at Fairvilla Megastore were lower than most of the heels I not only spent a few bucks, I had-had-had to show them all off! If you’re not inspired to learn to pole dance, fight crime in a Spandex jumpsuit or renamed yourself Mistress Blucher after seeing these, well, maybe you should come check them out in person. As Dorothy Gale and Cinderella knew a good pair of shoes can change your life.
            BONUS TRACK! If you are the first person who correctly guesses which footwear, of all the pairs of shoes and boots shown, are the ones I bought and you're the first person to tell me you’ll win a Fairvilla Megastore t-shirt or tank top! DONT'T LEAVE YOUR GUESS AS A BLOG COMMENT! Write to me on Facebook or at Langley.liz@gmail.com (in the video I only say  Facebook but I realize that’s unfair to the kids with social network phobias). Go back and look 'em all over carefully. And those of you who were either there when I got them or who have already seen them - you don't count.
            SPECIAL THANKS to Matt Reyes for the great videography (Twitter him @motorbikematt), to the lovely Rachael of Fairvilla Megastore (she IS America's Next Top Shoe Model) and to both she and my girl Michell at Fairvilla for helping me with this most rare and major purchase.
            Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Cha-cha heels... can you ask the lady if they carry cha-cha heels? What the hell ARE cha-cha heels, anyway?

    Good show... keep on stompin' !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note: when embedding YouTube videos, click on the "gear wheel" button next to the embed code to customise the right size and colour scheme for your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bought the ruby red slippers, and the glitter boots.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Drumpf Scare: Why I Worry About the Drumpf Signs I DON'T See