Forbidden Films at the Florida Film Festival





We talked yesterday about Vintage Smut from Fairvilla's Classics section and having fun

at the Florida Film Festival , the theme of which is “Forbidden Film.” Videographer Matt Reyes and I caught up with local legend Sam Singhaus (“Miss Sammy”), two-time Oscar nominee Bill Plympton (Guard Dog, Idiots and Angels) and the festival’s own Jordana Meade to talk about their Forbidden Films on Italian Cinema night at Enzia and the fact that “forbidden” doesn’t always mean sexual. One of my Forbidden Films was “Life of Brian” which caused a storm on religious grounds and which I herein tell a 30 year-old memory about sneaking into. It’s hazy but I remember having to get my friends (one boy, one girl) into the theater as I recall they were sailors, nice gusy who thought the whole thing was very funny. I’m so glad – “Life of Brian” is a classic and remains a favorite of mine to this day (I even ran out and bought the album fergoddsake, in the days before VHS). Thanks to Matt Reyes for the great (and patient) videography - Twitter him @motorbikematt. Enjoy!


Comments

  1. I love the page-turn wipes Mathew used. Excellent questions and a great debate with friends. My favorite forbidden films are any movies with Asia Argento. She just embodies everything that is sexual and erotic. Also, any old Hammer film where the local virgin is drawn to the vampire. Break her will. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Liz...Keep it up. you make me laugh even on good friday...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Buy my book: Crazy Little Thing: How Love and Sex Drive Us Mad