Ken Russell at Fairvilla





Tommy. Altered States. Crimes of Passion. The Devils. Salome. The filmography of directorial legend Ken Russell is breath-taking and I was beside myself when Ken and his charming wife Lisi paid us a visit after their long morning at  Holyland Experience – we’ve seen his toys (especially in Crimes of Passion, written by my friend 
Barry Sandler, which involves a murderous vibrator called The Cruise Missile) and we wanted him to enjoy ours.

            We mention Aleister Crowley here – Mr. Russell’s upcoming project ‘Brave Tart and the Loch Ness Monster” is the story of Mr. Crowley and a Scottish prostitute and I’d hoped maybe he’d find some inspiration in some of the items we showed off (though he’s been doing fine so far). MAKE SURE YOU STICK AROUND TIL THE END! You don’t want to miss Ken and the fetish shoes. I’m just sayin.  Srsly. OMG.  J
   SPECIAL THANKS to my diehard videographer Matt Reyes – Twitter him @motorbikematt, to Christine Robinson, Barry Sandler, everyone at Fairvilla and mostly to Ken & Lisi. We hope you’ll come back!

            (I did make one factual error here – the Maxx Empire mask worn by Lisi is the same one I wore at the end of the video).


A scene with the murderous vibrator from "Crimes of Passion"




And from Ken Russell's rock opera "Tommy" - Tina Turner's "Acid Queen"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Buy my book: Crazy Little Thing: How Love and Sex Drive Us Mad