Is a naturist area naturally low-crime?



            A while back I gave you a video low-down on the AANR World Record Skinny Dip which will take place on July 11 at 3pm EST at sanctioned nudist outfits all over North America. The event is happening so the Guinness Book of World’s Records can admit a largest-skinny-dipping record into their annals, or wherever they put these things, for the first time.
            Figuring I owed myself some peace after a few hectic weeks I decided to treat myself to a pre-skinny afternoon at Cypress Cove, the closest resort for Central Floridians who want to participate in the event. After feeling sufficiently hypnotized by sun and draft beer I felt refreshed enough to go back to my grueling job of talking about vibrators, romance and Chastity Bono’s sex change (don’t cry for me – I’ll tough it out somehow).
            So I go to my car, which has been sitting unattended for about two hours. And the driver’s side door is open.
            Not unlocked.
            Not ajar.
            Open.
            In a typical dither I had left it so while looking for my cell phone and forgotten to close it when I went on my merry way. I panicked for a millisecond -  then saw that nothing was missing -  CD player, books, money, clothing all still there, despite the fact that they might as well have sported a cardboard sign that said “Free!” in Sharpie.
             Then it occured to me that crime might naturally decrease where there’s a notable lack of pockets. There are also no shirts to stuff things up or  pants to stuff things down. It could be that simple But I’m pleased to think it’s a matter of naked courtesy.
 (Above: Picasso, Groupe de nus feminins)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Drumpf Scare: Why I Worry About the Drumpf Signs I DON'T See

Buy my book: Crazy Little Thing: How Love and Sex Drive Us Mad