This is Your Brain on Love

Let me assure you from jump street that when I pose the question “Why do we so look forward to orgasm?” that it is, indeed, a hypothetical. I kiiiiinda get why, but there are always reasons we do things that are somewhat less than obvious, reasons based in chemistry. 
 This clip from The History Channel’s “The Brain” features one of my favorite authors, Dr. Helen Fisher, and details what areas of the brain fire up and shut down before and during orgasm AND how male and female brains differ in the pre-orgasmic and orgasmic states. Fascianting stuff that will probably lead you to some interesting conversations about why the brains of the sexes differ in this way (yes, Dr. Fisher speculates in the clip). More importantly it might lead you to some bar bets that go something like 'So, do you think you have an orgasm under the scrutiny of lab conditions...in two minutes? (And since you're going to ask, my answer is....Nope!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Drumpf Scare: Why I Worry About the Drumpf Signs I DON'T See