Yes, they're essentially just an upside down firehose, but still...Jet Packs are here!


It may not be about sex and relationships but it’s definitely going to get a lot of people off: finally, FINALLY someone has invented the jet pack.
    Men, anyone who was a kid in the 60’s, and anyone who has ever dreamed of just being able to GTFO of a situation immediately will have an emotional orgasm of the “Dreams do come true!” variety when they see this thing, the primitve start of a chldhood ideal, at work. . True it’s not exactly the futuristic model of perfection that will get you really far really fast – it runs on water and is attached to a 30-foot hose – but it’s a goddamn start and just seeing that someone’s trying to invent the objects of our sci fi lusts lifted my spirits out of the daily details and made me feel twitter-pated.
       Leave it to the Canadians, eh? They (or we…I’m half Cannuck) invented the the We-Vibe, , the Kids in the Hall, SCTV, Keanu, Margaret Atwood and Nanaimo bars. s. Now, God love ‘em, they’re making Saturday afternoon matinees a reality. In case you’re feeling as emotional as I am, here’s a bunch of hockey fans singing the national anthem. Join in, if you wish.
       So, now that they’ve got a start on jet packs I entreat my half brothers and sisters to the north to get cracking on some of the other treats we’ve been promised by sci fi. My list, not in order:
       The What-If Machine (from Futurama – ask it a question, like “What if I hadn’t seen those jet packs on line this morning?” and it will show you how the future might have been)
       Orgasmatron (Sleeper)-
       Babel fish (Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy; fish, which, when inserted in ear, allows you to understand anything in any language that’s said to you)
       Bloop (chimp with werewolf ears, Lost in Space)
       Gay British robot valets (Star Wars)
       A gold-plated Jeeves and a walk-in orgasm closet. What else could anyone need? I’m counting in you, Canada. Have a beer, roll up your sleeves and make my dreams come true.

Comments

  1. You appeal to all of my geek sensibilities. Thanks for keeping things fresh on the Internet.

    "Futurama" is so great. I love your references.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Drumpf Scare: Why I Worry About the Drumpf Signs I DON'T See