2010 advice from Sarah Haskins

     OK, we’re just a little over two weeks into 2010 – is it still okay to take a look back at 2009 and get some advice on the upcoming year? Sure it is. You get at least 30 days to take care of anything – traffic tickets, store returns, rehab – so if you haven’t made any resolutions yet here’s one you’ll enjoy: watch Sarah Haskins.
       Sarah is a commentator for Current TV’s InfoMania and in her “Target: Women” segments she cleverly analyzes every bit of propaganda with us in its sites, from ads about mom feeding the family to wedding shows to the Disney princesses and points out some of the crap-disguised-as-candy that we’re being sold all the time, often without even realizing it.
       I recently came across Sarah’s advice for 2010 and even though this year has gone as well for me as any two weeks could have (yes, you can rub me for luck…for a price) I’m going to back up a sec and take some of her advice And if I fail to do that at least I feel very sure I’ll never look at a yogurt ad the same way again.



Bonus track! I liked Sarah's 2009 roundup so much, I'm throwin' in 2008, so you get two years for one, kinda like dog years, but smaller!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Drumpf Scare: Why I Worry About the Drumpf Signs I DON'T See