The Year is 21 Hours Old and I Already Have a Top Ten



Neurotic people are tough to surprise. Long before anything comes of a situation we’ve already considered 85 potential outcomes, our responses and located our passports in case flight is essential. People who overthink are seldom unprepared.



It must have been the lull of this chily, overcast New Years Day that made me abandon my catlike reflexes but I got a huge surprise – of the good variety - when I clicked onto Alternet and found a headline on the Sex and Relationships page that read:

“Sexy Mormons, The Joy of Vibrators and Sticking it to Puritans: “10 of Liz Langley's Best Pieces,” subheaded “Sex and relationships writer Liz Langley put together some of the sexiest – and smartest – stories about the politics and culture of sex this year.” The piece was put together by Jan Frel and I’ve been working so much, often away from my computer, that it blew right by me despite the fact that I get Alternet headlines delivered to my mailbox every day (and you should, too).



I don’t think anything could have made me happier– I’ve been freelancing for Alternet for eight years now and in addition to being a fabulous to work for I’m smarter and healthier for reading it. I’m so excited to be able to share this piece with you – and yes, I know I’m bragging, but I cannot yet afford a publicist to do that for me so you’ll have to put up with my klutzy DIY promos until I can.



If this is just the beginning of 2010, I can’t wait to see the rest of it. Thank you, Tara, Tana and everyone at Alternet! Cheers!


Photo by Miriam Lorenzi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Drumpf Scare: Why I Worry About the Drumpf Signs I DON'T See