Liz's SexCult: Get Confident, Stupid! Why Some Men Prefer Women Without High Self-Esteem and Why You Should Have It Anyway

I love this story.

It's not that I don't enjoy all the stories I do but this one was especially juicy for me. I found a study in the journal Evolutionary Psychology that said men often prefer women who have midrange or even low self esteem to those with high self esteem, a study I found both sad and validating. Sad because I like men and don't like to think of them as wussing out by avoiding confident women. Validated because I have seen - in life and pop culture - that that is sometimes the case.

But just to make sure I called the study's author, Dr. Virgil Zeigler-Hill who said what even a confident woman often needs to hear - 'You're right.' He also offered greater insights into the nuances of the study and into the cowardice of narcissism and the sad behavior of guys like Jessee James and Chris Brown (I do like an academic who reads his tabloids).
The result is this column: Get Conifdent, Stupid! I hope you enjoy it - and it might make you take a second to appreciate the people who appreciate your muchness... and forget about the ones who don't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Buy my book: Crazy Little Thing: How Love and Sex Drive Us Mad