Happy Birthday, Freddie



Freddie Mercury would have turned 65 today. I know a lot of people will write about him more eloquently than I can; I'm just hugely grateful to have found so much inspiration, joy, connection, magic and comfort from the same person - and group of people working together - for most of my life and on into the future.

So here are some excellent showcases....of the evolution of talent...



...a compilation of some super old and not-as-old footage...



And memories, like the iron-on part of my Queen t-shirt from (about) 1976 (the shirt fell apart)
I even still have some of the 45s...
and the cover from the sheet music for Night at the Opera (though both the music and piano are long away)
Oh, what the hell....one more video for the road (literally, because in six hours I head to the interior of British Columbia). One of my favorite Freddie Mercury masterpieces...makes me feel like a millionaire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Buy my book: Crazy Little Thing: How Love and Sex Drive Us Mad