"Crazy Little Thing" excerpted on Alternet

Thank you Alternet for putting up an excerpt of my upcoming book, Crazy Little Thing: Why Love and Sex Drive Us Mad! This chapter is about the nature of attraction and features my friend and one of my favorite authors and speakers, Sheri Winston talking about some of the reasons our attractions - and lack of them - can be baffling, to us and those around us.
    Sheri does a wonderful job articulating the confounding nature of attraction but there's also a narrative part of the chapter, which you'll hopefully be able to read in just a few weeks. This includes an interview with Ward Hall, a veteran carnival barker from Gibsonton, Florida who told Sam & I tales of love and intrigue in the sideshow, like the love story of the alligator-skinned man and the monkey girl and the golden age of Gibsonton when the "human oddities" of the carnival circuit wintered in that little tropical Camelot.
      You can order the book by clicking here on the Cleis Press/Viva editions website and I have to admit, having gotten used to the speed of the web it feels really strange to see something I finished awhile back just now coming out! But I can't wait - it was all such a gratifying experience and in thinking about Gibtown I'm reminded of some of the other adventures - actual and intellectual - that the book took me on, including
     * a vampire convention in a small Pennsylvania town
     * mulling over genetic sexual attraction on Edgar Allan Poe Street in NY
     * a meeting with Nina Paley, the cartoonist/animator who gave us the greatest breakup story ever told
      Anyway, I hope you'll check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Buy my book: Crazy Little Thing: How Love and Sex Drive Us Mad