SexCult: When is a sex addict not a sex addict?

     As an watcher of all things Dr. Drew, of course I saw the bulk of "Celebrity Sex Rehab," when it was on two years ago. I laughed, I cried, I learned...it was like the Waltons only with a lot of references to masturbation.
     So I was shocked, shocked I tellsya, to see that Phil Varone, who was a patient on the show, was recently modeling for Playgirl, and for a sex toy, and lots of other things you'd think someone who seemed to work pretty hard at sex rehab ought not to be doing. So, is he a sex addict or isn't it? What is a sex addict, anyway? Can you tell when you're enjoying something versus when you're using it to numb you out? What's the difference between an addiction and a lucrative hobby?
     Those are some of the questions I looked at in SexCult this week - SexCult: Is he a sex addict or isn't he?...I could have gone on forever (ask my editor) so maybe I'm addicted to my job....at any rate, I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed working on it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Buy my book: Crazy Little Thing: How Love and Sex Drive Us Mad