What's Hot in CF on WMFE

Listen for me on 90.7 WMFE this afternoon at 4:32 pm for What's Hot in Central Florida and in case you miss it catch it on the website at Voices of WMFE!
     There was so much going on this weekend it was really difficult to choose what to talk about but no question, the Halloween celebration in Cassadaga with it's promise of potentially seeing the devil in the spooky "Devil's Chair" (if not the one in the graveyard, who knows? maybe he'll turn up in the replica) was a shoe-in. There's a ton of things going on but no one else even hinted the devil might show up at their event. Gotta give it up for Cassadaga.
      After going to one of the Edgar Allan Poe events at the Orlando Public Library this month and loving it I had to share that Mad Cow Theater is doinga show based on Poe's works at the library tomorrow at 2pm.
      The Poe artwork, by the way, is a watercolor by Marilyn Manson.
      Finally Gloria Steinem  is speaking at Rollins twice this weekend, Friday night and Saturday afternoon - not a Halloween event, but one I'm positive listeners would want to know about because I'm a listener and I'd want to know.
     One other thing - I mentioned Enzian's Haunted Swamp Walk of Terror a few weeks back and this weekend Enzian is showing the Disney classic The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad at 1pm on Sunday. This is one of my all-time favorite animated / Halloween / general films - I had the record as a kid (which is slightly different from the song in the film; it's sung by Thurl Ravenscroft, who also voiced "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"; in the film it's Bing Crosby). I cannot WAIT to see one of my all-time favorites on a big screen.
     See you out there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Buy my book: Crazy Little Thing: How Love and Sex Drive Us Mad