What's Hot In Central Florida

 I've had the post-holiday blues this week....between Christmas and New Year's but I saw about 100 people I love, ate, drank and slept well and wish all of life could be like the dying days of 2011. That year that brought some spiffy things... my book and the events surrounding it, getting to go to work for WMFE 90.7 FM and an extended stay in beautiful Victoria BC.
     There were other parts of the year that stunk like a fish market dumpster in August. Watching it slink into oblivion while drinking champagne with people I love was all you could want of comfort and joy.
    Plus, there's a long list of things to look forward to in 2012. I'll be talking about them in What's Hot in Central Florida on WMFE 90.7, aevery Friday at 4:32 PM starting with some spectacular live funk music (and who can be sad when that's on?) at Plaza Live Orlando when Galactic plays tonight - click the link and listen to "Hey Na Na" and you'll see what I mean. They're there with Toubab Krewe and both are bound to kick off 2012 in style.
      Saturday and Sunday is the Deland Rail Fair and Model Train Show and I have no doubt there are enough people who go bonkers over all things choo-choo - I know some of them - that this will be a ticket to happiness for many.
      Finally, Orlando comic Jeff Jones will give you your first real belly laughs of the year with  Little Miss Parliament House, a show he wrote and emcees, satirizing Toddlers and Tiaras and other kiddie pageant nightmares with your favorite Footlights female impersonators playing both the little stars and their white trash moms. I've never see a show at the Footlights Theater that didn't leave me with a stomach ache from laughing, so I know this will be a great bet.
       Anyways, I'll see you out there! I'll be the one with the champagne.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Buy my book: Crazy Little Thing: How Love and Sex Drive Us Mad