What's Hot in Central Florida! Sweets, surrealism and slammable phones!

This is the first week I've managed to totally shed the post-holiday-season blues, largely thanks in part to a last weekend's full calendar of events, which were great fun and which I'll post about later. In the meantime on What's Hot in Central Florida I can't even wait to go to the very first Florida Key Lime Pie Festival! And I can't believe what a beautiful weekend we're going to have in January to make a beach trip sound so appetizing. Pie...of course....is always a draw but they're also going to have tiki carving, key lime margarita and martinis and lots and lots of other stuff. I think it'll be like a little taste of the Keys without having to drive eight hours to get to that atmosphere!
Also up this weekend at Twelve 21 Gallery in Orlando featuring work by Eric Althin, Scott Donald, Johannah O'Donnel and Steve Parker- click the link to see a video trailer for the show which is full of beautiful, whimsical and satisfyingly transporting images. As everyone knows reality and I are not on speaking terms and the magical, surrealist visions in this groups show are a sure bet.

Finally...WANT! I don't know if the phone below will actually be at the Antique Telephone and Insulator Show (the best description/contact info for which is here at the Orlando Sentinel's website) at the Maitland Civic Center on Saturday - but oh my god, what an object of desire! There will be dealers from all over the country bringing us back to the days when you had to actually sit/stand in one place to make a call and, when not everyone could get hold of you 24/7 (remember the joyful power of just letting the damn phone ring without having the responsibility for returning messages because you couldn't get messages?). It's super nerdy, I know but it sounds swell to me!
     Anyway, whatever you do this weekend it's going to be a beautiful one so get out there and enjoy it!
     Cheers!

Comments

  1. From what I understand a Dial phone will not work anymore. I have a Bicentennial collector phone which is dial, it just looks cool!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Buy my book: Crazy Little Thing: How Love and Sex Drive Us Mad