What's Hot in Central Florida! Vintage/Vinyl, Arab Fest and Orlando Shakes turns "Red"




You can click right here to listen in early to What's Hot in Central Florida on WMFE, airing at 4:32 pm Friday afternoon and this weekend is going to be a good one - I might even break out my finger cymbals for the The Arabic American Festival at Lake Eola on Sunday from noon til 7pm with Arabic dancing, art and food - you know I can't resist Arabic music and why would I even try? The video above is Hader Tarab, who is on the bill for this Sunday - it's one of those still-shot videos but the music is delicious   - frankly getting all caught up in it is why my blog post is a little later than usual today!
     Also this weekend go to TheFoodTruckBazaar.com for the skinny onf Vinyl, Vintage and Food trucks on Saturday evening in the Audubon Park Garden District - you can bring vintage & vinyl stuff and sell or trade plus check out some of the best food trucks in town. I'm still trying to sell off some of my rattan furniture - maybe I'll have some luck down there!
      Finally this week Orlando Shakespeare Theatre premieres Red a multiple 2010 Tony winner about artist Mark Rothko and what could be a great endeavor - or a great downfall - one of the quandaries artists face all the time and something I'm keen to see played out onstage. Orlando Shakes always does a great  job and I'm very curious about this one, so, as I'll be sure to see you there!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Drumpf Scare: Why I Worry About the Drumpf Signs I DON'T See