Liz on Godlike Productions/TheRawFeed

Lately I've gotten to do a lot of radio, both here at home on WMFE and on stations all over the country to get to talk about "Crazy Little Thing: Why Love and Sex Drive Us Mad," my book how love turns perfectly normal people a mix of Daffy Duck, Lloyd Dobbler and Single White Female.

One of the best to date was my recent appearance The RawFeed/Godlike Productions and I think the reason it went so well is the same reason I was worried about doing it: it's two hours long. I can talk enough to bring down entire swathes of rain forest with all the CO2 I emit but two hours is a long time, even for me.

Not, though, when you have a good host, and The RawFeed's Phennommennonn was a total pleasure. She asked great questions, offered intriguing counterpoints and was a funny and engaging great conversationalist, which is what interviewing is all about. The two-hours I was worried about flew by so fast I didn't even get to tell the audience about some of the crazy-ass people in the book, like Count Carl Von Cosel, who refused to take "she's dead" for an answer when his would-be bride kicked the bucket or love among the circus people - like the Alligator-Skinned Man and the Monkey Girl -  of Gibsonton, Florida.

But there are a TON of things we DID get to talk about so go to Godlike Productions' blog/podcast archive and check it out - - I'm on the May 10, 2012 podcast - and while you're at it you might want to give a listen to some of their previous guests. This is not not stuff you're going to hear on commercial radio...but then aren't commercials and anger mostly what you hear on commercial radio? Do you need more of that?

Godlike Productions describes itself as "UFO's, conspiracy theorists and the lunatic fringe," and you might also want to check out their home page here - they've got a great news feed and you can see what's coming up on their podcasts and events.
Although, if you're really on the lunatic fringe, you realize you never know what's coming....right?

Anyway, go listen and enjoy - I did!

Alien gif from Webweaver

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Buy my book: Crazy Little Thing: How Love and Sex Drive Us Mad