My column: 10 Amazing Things! Robot Fish! New species! Zoning out is your friend! (but you won't do it while reading this)

Garrison Keillor once wrote about a character in one of his novels that the man felt like his life was a script written by someone who didn't like him very much.

That's how I felt all week. I'm not even going to tell you about it because you've got troubles of your own...one day when they seem funnier I'll share. Until then I'm incredibly cheered up by all the cool things I find filed under "Science" on the web, so I hope you'll click on my Ten Amazing Things You Need to Know About This Week, including robot fish that detect pollution (pic below), why you seriously have to quit snoring, a metal coating that gives photodetectors a cloak of invisibility (ala Harry Potter), inflatable bike helmets, ten new species,  one little animal who we just discovered and might lose and why zoning out is much better for you than your boss would have you believe.

One promise: you won't zone out while reading this column.

In fact, if you enjoy it and there's information in it you'd like to pass on to other people, for their amusement, health & safety or just to cheer them the hell up, please do, whether it's by sending a link to this blog or directly from the Alternet page it's on. Everyone who knows me knows I'm no Pollyanna, but I started this column because I kept coming across stories of massively cool discoveries in the world of science that made me feel so excited that I wanted to pass them along. So I hope you'll do the same, partly because I want to get enough readers to keep this going and partly because it just freaking makes people feel better.
Anyway, as they say at Sirius Cybernetics, Share & Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Buy my book: Crazy Little Thing: How Love and Sex Drive Us Mad