Pot without the high? Martian reality show? Old people smell better than young ones? 10 Mind-Blowing Discoveries

My Ten Discoveries That Will Blow Your Mind column was fun to write about this week, mostly because while I'm usually beyond impressed with scientific findings I get to write about there were a couple of real klinkers in the mix this week and I'm always in better spirits when I get to complain.

The first is the idea of having the first Martian colonists be astronaut reality contestants which, in my opinion, will be the lowest an astronaut has sunk since the diaper allegations against Lisa Nowak.

The other is pot without the high. I'm not a pot smoker, but I am all for a good buzz and it seems to me that if you're sick enough to require medication a little buffer from the world would be good for you. I kind of understand why people would want to keep a clear head ....okay, I don't. I really don't. I don't take Dayquil, I don't drink O'Doul's and I don't understand pot without the high any more than I understand music without the notes.

Anyway, the pot story might seem to go with the pizza photo but that's actually from Space.com's photo gallery of Transit of Venus images, some of which are majestic, some of which are beautiful...and this one that is just charming.

Anyway, if you like the column treat it like a pizza....share and enjoy!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Buy my book: Crazy Little Thing: How Love and Sex Drive Us Mad