What's Hot in CF: Guys I Love

Obviously there are too many of those to list, right? But some are going to be celebrated or even show up this weekend in OTown, which is what What's Hot in Central Florida on 90.7 WMFE FM is all about them....starting with Hunter S. Thompson and "Fear and Loathing in Orlando," an artistic homage to one of my greatest early influences at NV, downtown. Next up Classic Albums Live Presents a homage to the Beatles when they present Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band at Hard Rock Live and finally, the brilliant Jim Gaffigan will be at the Peabody Auditorium in Daytona this week.

One more thing I didn't get to put on the air but that I'd love to call your attention to is that the Woodshed, Orlando's only dungeon club (at least as far as I know) is presenting Quills, the Obie award-winning play by Doug Wright that became a famous film (starring Kate Winslet and Geoffrey Rush) all about the Marquis de Sade. I think it's fabulous that Woodshed is doing this  - I'm hoping to get to see it myself but at any rate congratulations and break-a-leg to them for making such an intriguing choice.

Listen live at 4:32 pm Fridays or check out the podcast on the WMFE link! See yez out there!

Ralph Steadman artwork from "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Drumpf Scare: Why I Worry About the Drumpf Signs I DON'T See