Animals that Evoke Lady Gaga: My latest on NatGeo

Even after they stopped dressing in pelts people still took huge cues from nature as far as their fashion statements. I'm a huge fan of the animal print myself and of course there's the fishtail dress, the butterfly sleeve, feather earrings...ladies in the Victorian era could cram an entire bird onto a single hat, for goodness sakes.

Performers like Cher and Elton John have clearly been under the animal influence when they've adopted certain spectacular outfits and when I saw images of a couple of truly fantastic creatures...specifically the psychedelic frogfish ... I thought that nothing in the human world could possible capture the crazy beauty and glorious weirdness of some of some animals like Lady Gaga. I was incredibly pleased to end up writing the Weird & Wild blog post "5 Animals that Look like Lady Gaga," or, in my preferred version (as it appeared on their front page) "5 Animals That Evoke Lady Gaga"on the National Geographic website.

As I explain in the comments I love seeing what Lady Gaga will do next and I mean it as a high compliment to her incredibly inventive costuming that she could find a way to mirror the most extravagant creatures of nature, who go around looking totally outrageous all the time, but seldom make a magazine cover. Anyway, I love them, hope you'll click the post to see the rest of them - I've been happy to see it go a little Gaga.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day at the Races

Say Ahhhhh: Drive-Thru Pap Smears in the COVID era

Buy my book: Crazy Little Thing: How Love and Sex Drive Us Mad